Straight from the Runway: 5 Lessons from Paris Fashion Week
If you could use some inspiration, what better place than from the City of Light? The world’s top designers descended upon Paris for Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2018 in October 2017, and the result was a cornucopia of fresh, innovative style – and we’re not talking about the clothes! Here are five fierce Fashion Week trends for your skin:
- Red Lips. Classic. Sexy. Bold. Red is perennially on fire. This year, makeup artists opted to blur the edges and add extra dimension with gloss. Don’t wait for spring: pick up this signature shade and rock it.
- No… Coral Lips. There were lots of sassy tangerine red lips on display. A bit more playful than the sleek red, Chanel models boasted a fun retro glossy look while Sonia Rykiel took it to the matte with a modern finish.
- Cat Eye. They’re baaack! The cat eye gets a update, and designers are not playing around. The looks were bold with exaggerated wings, Amy Winehouse-esque lines, and fun color blocks. Do not try this at home, ladies! Well, do – but maybe catch a YouTube tutorial first!
- Sparkle. Sugar and spice – and a bit of sparkle. Fashion’s ferocious ladies shined in everything from glitter-infused cosmetics to Swarovski-accented parts.
- Not-so-Subtle Blush. Forget barely-there. These models made a splash with lots of rouge. Popular was a look that touched the eyes, extending from cheekbone to brow.
Fiercest Trend: SKIN is IN! As Vogue advises, “If you only invest in one arena, let it be skincare.” Healthy skin, in a spectrum of shades, was the sexiest trend of Paris Fashion Week. Whatever cosmetics you want to try, make sure to recommend a great cleanser. CHOLLEY Best Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, for example, gently and effectively removes all traces of makeup, residues, and oily buildup. Skin is left feeling renewed and feeling fresh. Make trends come and go, but clean, healthy skin is a fad that will not fade.