THE MOST REQUESTED
THE BEST OF SWISS PHYTO COSMETICS
CHOLLEY SA is a Swiss company specializing in the production and distribution of high-quality phyto cosmetics since 1972. Our proprietary laboratories in Tessin, Switzerland, conduct an independent research and development with very exclusive formulations.
CHOLLEY is a bridge that links the ancient art of beauty with the modern science of cosmetics. While its origins lie in natural therapies in Asia and Europe, it benefits from the latest scientific research in Switzerland. CHOLLEY is considered a unique Swiss company with tremendous expertise in the field of phyto cosmetics.
Phyto cosmetics is a scientific art. It requires a thourough knowledge of dermatology, chemistry, and biology. A definition of phyto cosmetics would be this: ‘a special sector of the cosmetics industry which draws on modern science and empirical knowledge of properties of plants to produce cosmetic products with desired effects’.
CHOLLEY cosmetics are the results of the empirical science of phyto cosmetics with the latest advances in biology, molecular chemistry, and nanotechnology. Classic Phytocosmetics united with the latest advances in Swiss biology and advanced technology to offer the most effective products possible: this is the primary pillar in the development of CHOLLEY cosmetics.
In very general terms, phyto cosmetics are cosmetic products whose principal active ingredients are derived from plants as opposed to being produced synthetically. Phyto cosmetics owe a great debt to popular and empirical medicine, which over thousands of years, through the crude technique of trial and error, has identified the beneficial properties of innumerable plants. Today, equipped with our knowledge of chemistry and biology, we know the scientific foundation of these properties to maximize the efficacy of CHOLLEY Products.
‘Biological active ingredients are strategic in CHOLLEY cosmetics. Studies conducted on biological active ingredients demonstrated their efficacy in maximizing effective concentrations, maximizing action in the connective tissue, maximizing action period, and minimizing undesired effects.’
Selecting the right ingredients for a cosmetic product is a matter of art as well as science. There are numerous technical and commercial issues to consider in order in developing effective and successful phyto biocosmetic products that bear our logo.
These considerations include the following:
- The precise effects that a product should deliver ( e.g., diminishing wrinkles, protecting against the sun, etc)
- The optimal combination and proportion of plant extracts and other active ingredients
- Proper delivery vehicle for the active ingredients
- Compatibility of ingredients to prevent an occlusive effect
- The type of skin for which the product is intended.
- Optimal form of the product (e.g. mask, cream, emulsion, gel, etc.)
- The age group for which the product is intended
- The product’s ease of application
- Immediate feel of the product
- Comfort of use a few hours after application.
- Long term effect of the product on the skin and the health of the user
- Stability of the product in ambiental conditions for a minimum of two years
- Proper use of anti-oxidants to prevent rancidity and loss of vitamin potency
- Proper use of preservatives to guarantee micro-bacterial integrity
- Perfume of the product, which should be pleasant but not heavy.
- Correct size, packaging, and price for the product.
In the development of every CHOLLEY Product, each of these factors plays an important role.